Our first Live Traditional Soapmaking Online Workshop will take place on Saturday the 26th of September 2020 @11am
This cold process soapmaking class will take place through live Zoom call.
In this workshop, you will learn how to make cold process soap (vegan and palm oil free) from scratch in an unlimited variety of ways with various textures, colours, and aromas for all types of skin. The cold process method is the oldest and most basic way to make soaps from scratch. Using natural plant oils, the cold process method is used in Spain with Castille soap, in France with Marseille soap, and Syria with Aleppo soap. This process will also allow you to include many other natural ingredients to create an array of beautiful soaps in different colours, shapes, and textures for you, your family, and friends. The sky is the limit when it comes to soapmaking!
You will learn the following at this online workshop:
- The cold process soapmaking method and strict safety guidelines
- Plant oil benefits and what skin type they best suit
- Natural butter benefits for every type of skin
- Essential oil benefits for every type of skin and different aroma combinations for scented soaps
- Dried ingredients you can add to decorate your soap, giving them different textures and exfoliating properties
- A saponification calculator to help you in formulating any type of soap in the future while using a variety of oils, butters, and many other ingredients
- The best suppliers to get the right tools and ingredients to make any kind of soap
You will make and bring home 2 different types of soap on the day (see pictures below). You will also receive plenty of new recipes to keep you busy making on your own at home and information on material suppliers.
Spanish Olive oil soap for cleaning and laundry purposes
Extra moisturizing shea butter soap for skincare
This class includes:
Theory about cold process soap making and safety guidelines you must follow strictly.
Plant oils benefits for every type of skin and for the soap properties: hardness, bubbly, conditioning, cleansing, and creamy.
Natural butters benefits for every type of skin, texture and the soap properties.
Essential oils benefits for every type of skin and different aroma combination for lovely smell soaps.
Dried ingredients you can add to your soap to decorate your soap , to give exfoliating properties, aesthetic and different textures.
Saponification calculator will be provided for you to be able to formulate and make any type of soap in the future using the right type of oils, butters, and many other ingredients.
Best soapmaking suppliers to get the right tools and ingredients to make any soap you like
THIS CLASS IS FOR ADULTS ONLY . MINIMUM AGE SUITABLE IS 16 y/o BUT MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT. NOT SUITABLE FOR PREGNANT WOMEN.
All soaps are Vegan and Palm oil free
Book early to avoid disappointment!
La Mayca x