Make your own body scrub
Especially to prepare the skin before the winter and/or summer it is essential to exfoliate it at least once a week to remove dead cells, accumulated toxins to help your moisturizing products you use will penetrate much better in order to get all the nice benefits from them.
Here is my suggestion of my detox and de-stress body scrub.
If you want to get the most out your moisturizer and enjoy soft, smooth and glowing skin this treatment is for you. When we accumulate toxic in our bodies this impact our blood circulation that can create an unhealthy skin looking . We need to stimulate the lymphatic drainage system with the purpose of getting rid of those toxins , remember our skin is our largest body organ !
Ginger and cinnamon body scrub
- 1 medium sized ginger nugget
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon powder
- 1 cup sea salt
- 1 lemon
- Organic Raw coconut oil ( enough to make a paste maybe about 1/2 cup)
How to make it
- Grate the ginger nugget then squeeze the juice from it into a bowl
- Add 1-2 tbsp of the freshly grated ginger root
- Add the cinnamon, sea salt, lemon juice and coconut oil and mix together.
- Gently rub the mixture in circular motions all over your body and face. This will stimulate lymphatic drainage system while exfoliating the skin, removing dead skin cells , leaving it hydrated , supple and glowing .
- Storage in a tight glass jar and make sure that water does not go in the product. This product will last long as long as water does not go in . Sea salt is a natural preservative.
Did you know that lemons naturally contain alpha acid which stimulates collagen and elastine and helps remove dead skin cells to reveal new skin, this is why it also has whitening and brightening properties. I remember talking about this in my Lemon hand scrub video tutorial.
Enjoy this scrub tonight , apply plenty of cream, butter or oil after the shower and go to bed feeling brand new !
You welcome 😉
Thanks for reading
La Mayca x