At a time when most of us are at stuck home, there’s an inherent need to keep on growing. Self-isolation and home quarantine can be trying, but they needn’t stop you from learning. This global slowdown is perfect for focusing your energies on discovery and healing. People around the world are sharing their resources to help others flourish in a time of economic stagnation. In this article, we’ll share our favourite natural beauty resources with the hopes of doing the same!
First, we’ll begin with books. Reading is a great past-time, as well as an ideal way to calm the mind and focus on new topics. Here are some books we think you ought to check out:
- The Organic Pharmacy: The Complete Guide to Natural Health and Beauty – Are you just beginning your natural beauty journey or looking to learn more about the cosmetic science side? Then, this book is a must. Mayca read this book before starting her business over 12 years ago. Now, that’s inspirational!
- Essential Oil Safety: A Guide for Health Care Professionals – This book has amazing information about essential oils and explains them brilliantly. Not to mention that its author, Dr. Tisserand, is a legend in the world of aromatherapy. It should be noted that this book is quite technical, but still worth a read.
- An Atlas of Natural Beauty: Botanical Ingredients for Retaining and Enhancing Beauty – If you’re familiar with the iconic Parisian apothecary L’Officine Universelle Buly and like illustrations, you’ll enjoy this book. Labelled an atlas for good reason, this book helps map the world of natural beauty. In it you’ll find in-depth descriptions, recipes, and plenty of food for thought.
- Naturally: How to Look and Feel Healthy, Energetic and Radiant The Organic Way – Jo Wood is the ex-wife of the Rolling Stone Ronnie Wood, but that’s not her only claim to fame. In this book, Wood details what an organic lifestyle has done for her, her family and friends. She explains the huge benefits of eating organically, describes chemicals she deems as dangerous, and shares her favourite recipes.
Then, we’ll continue onto the beloved podcast. For anyone who’s got their hands full and lacks the time to sit down and read, never fear. The list of podcast recommendations is here:
- Chemist Confessions: This podcast is all about the chemistry behind natural beauty. Expect to learn a lot about science from these two talented chemists, but in a fun way. Hosts Victoria and Gloria explore the smoke and mirrors of the skincare industry in this podcast, all with a beer in hand.
- Natch Beaut: If you’re looking for a hilarious natural beauty podcast, then this is just the ticket. Host Jackie Johnson interviews celebrities and experts alike to discuss their favourite natural beauty tips and tricks. Tune in for laughs and great beauty secrets.
- Forever 35: Skincare lovers who are also interested in health and wellness will rejoice in this podcast. Cohosts Doree Shafrir and Kate Spencer are passionate about sustainable beauty and experiment with beauty fads and then present their findings on the show. There’s plenty to love about these two comediennes and this podcast.
Finally, we’ll finish with a lovely mix of miscellaneous online resources. These online resources are ideal for someone looking to dip their toes into natural beauty and the natural lifestyle.
- Cosmetic Ingredients Glossary from The Derm Review – This educational glossary provides a world of knowledge for anyone looking to identify ingredients properly. It contains natural ingredients, but also synthetics and can help you learn to identify the difference between them when analysing a cosmetic label.
- Katey Denno’s YouTube Channel – This green beauty expert is a makeup artist to the stars of Hollywood. Katey’s knowledge and expertise show in her videos as she explains current trends, makeup tutorials, and offers tips on how to care for your skin. She is a huge supporter of non-toxic beauty and that’s what we love most about her videos.
- Hello Nest – For anyone who’s looking to naturally beautify their home, this blog has plenty of resources. Conquer your home with recipes for natural deodorisers, essential oil tricks, and organic DIY projects. This site is also particularly useful for anyone looking for natural craft ideas to keep their kids busy!
- Anima Mundi Apothecary’s Blog – What goes inside our bodies has a direct connection with how our skin looks. Anima Mundi Apothecary understands that and offers plenty of tutorials, articles, and recipes for anyone looking to naturally improve the health of their skin. Learn about adaptogens, healing spices, and how to use nature’s bounty to improve your overall health.
With these natural beauty resources, we hope that you’ll be able to keep on learning and growing in these crazy times. If you are looking for more online resources then remember to read WapoBeauty’s online recipes. Mayca has even lowered the price of the Soapmaking eBook to encourage everyone to take up a useful and productive hobby. The WapoBeauty Complete Facial Skincare Online Course for Beginners is also available for anyone looking to learn how to make professional, safe, and stable natural beauty products from the comfort of their home. Join the ranks of students who found this class valuable and rewarding!
ABOUT OUR BLOGGER:
Ashuni Pérez is an American writer based in Valencia, Spain. She has a passion for natural beauty and the environment. Ashuni loves to cycle and drink smoothies in the sun. Follow her on Instagram at @ashuuuuni.